- Don’t smoke cigarettes.
- Drive old Japanese cars. Easy and cheap to fix & they run for fucking ever.
- Buy most of your groceries from the produce section. Most of that other shit is not actually food. You don’t need it.
- Ride your bike instead of driving as much as you can. You need the exercise and gas is expensive.
- Don’t have kids if you can not afford the time to teach them to be good people. They’re not miracles, they’re people. 7 billion is too fucking many. Find some other way to give your dull existence some meaning. BTW they’re expensive.
- Get your clothes from thrift stores. With the physique you’ll have from riding your bike, you’ll look hot wearing anything.
- Learn to fix things. Tons of great books and youtube vids on fixing anything. Or ask an old dude. People used to fix things. No shit.
- Learn a trade – Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, auto mechanics, tailoring, computer/electronics repair, something They can’t fucking outsource. No one gives a shit about your Masters in Dostoyevsky or your high score on World of Warcraft…. fix something, dumbass, fix something!
- If you like booze, drink at home with your neighbors. Drunk driving is for assholes, rich ones with lawyers.
Do people favors. It’s called Cooperation. It’s how the world worked before money. They will return the favor, or someone will. No shit. This really works.
- Make things – Look around you. What do you see? Yah, shitty stuff made by impoverished enslaved people far away. Pick anything. Make a better one. People want good shit. You won’t get rich, but you’ll get by.
- If you live in America – don’t get sick and avoid injury. Wear your fucking helmet and put lights on your bike.
- Find work you love. If you can’t do that, then find a job where you love the people.
- Junkies and addicts are like toddlers. They just want to shit all over you and everything. The messes they make can get expensive. Avoid them if you can.
- Don’t buy shit on credit, remember what happened to America? Cash only, fuckers. Can’t afford it? Don’t fucking buy it!
- Preventable expenses – STD’s, abortions, DWI’s, lung cancer, head injuries, speeding tickets, cirrhosis of the liver.
- Don’t go on fancy dates if you’re not fancy. Most people kind of despise the rich anyway.
- When you go see shows, bring a flask in. That way you can afford to buy a record.
- Don’t buy bottled water. Drink tap water when you can. Avoid waste.
- Don’t get cable. There is nothing on. I promise. $100 a month ? Fuck no!
We live in a wasteful society. Live well. It don’t take much. Really.
This list was copied from Monofonuspress.com edited by Stacey Yates with contributions from Jherek Bishoff, Chad Raines & Amanda Palmer.